Glueless? We can help.
http://www.adhesive.com/C2-contact-adhesive or 1-888-GLUE-SMART (1-888-458-3762)
C2 Neoprene Contact Adhesive - Medium Viscosity
For laminating, mounting & paneling
Best for brush and roller
SmartAdhesives C2 Contact Adhesive is the higher viscosity version of our C1 neoprene contact adhesive, formulated for brush and roller application. C2 can be used with sprayers at high pressure. C2 is good for bonding large surface areas or when clamping might be impractical. After reaching a tacky state (in approx. 5-10 minutes), C2 is ready for instant adhesion of panels, boards, and other flat surfaces. Once joined, surfaces can be immediately trimmed and machined. C2 contains solvents with VOCs, so please check your local regulations before use.
This product may not be sold in California.
This product is not returnable.
- Paper & Cardboard
- Plastic: Composites, Fiberglass, Epoxy, Phenol, Polyester
- Rubber: EPDM Rubber
- Rubber: Latex or Synthetic Rubber
- Wood, Cork & Hardboard
(1) Prepare Surfaces: Clean surfaces to remove all dust, dirt and grease. For highest bond strength, clean surfaces with solvent such as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) or isopropyl alcohol.
(2) Stir: Stir adhesive thoroughly before using.
(3) Apply: Best applied when temperature of adhesive and surfaces to be bonded are at least 70F. Apply thin, even coat to both surfaces to be joined (dry film thickness of 1-1.5 mil). Porous surfaces may require additional coats.
(4) Set-up: Allow adhesive to dry for about 5-10 min. until glossy, partially dry and tacky (similar to tackiness of duct tape). Humidity prolongs set-up time. Applying heat of 180-220F will reduce set-up time significantly. Once tacky, adhesive must be bonded together within 30 minutes. Otherwise, apply another coat to one surface so it becomes tacky again.
(5) Join and apply pressure: Join coated surfaces and apply pressure. Once connected, surfaces cannot be repositioned. For large surfaces, use pinch roll or 3 inch roller with maximum body pressure to ensure adequate contact and bonding. Work roller toward edges. Bonded parts can be trimmed or machined immediately.
(6) Cleanup: Use solvent such as MEK to clean brushes and remove excess adhesive, preferably when adhesive is still wet.
VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOCs) = 393 grams/liter. VOC minus water minus exempt solvents = 519 grams/liter. Consult appropriate local air quality regulations for any limitations of use.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep away from open flames and sources of sparks and static discharge. Vapors may settle in low-lying areas. Extinguish pilot lights and turn off all machinery and appliances that might cause electrical ignition until vapors at floor level have disappeared. Maintain vapor concentrations below recommended exposure limits and provide adequate ventilation or an exhaust ventilation system. Avoid inhalation and contact with eye and skin. Keep container closed when not in use. If work area conditions prevent compliance with above precautions, do not use this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
SUGGESTED FIRST AID: Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water. If irritation persists, seek medical advice. Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Seek medical advice. Inhalation: Move to fresh air. If symptoms persists, seek medical advice. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Drink two glasses of water. Seek medical advice.
Prices for this adhesive include a hazardous materials shipping surcharge of $25 per item.
C1 is a Ground ship only product.
Not available for sale in the SCAQMD (South Coast Air Quality Management District) in California.
- C2QT (metal quart paint can): 3 pounds
- C2GL1 (metal gallon paint can): 9.5 pounds
- C2GL5 (metal 5 gallon bucket): 43 pounds
Shipping weight is the total weight of the product, including the box and packaging required to safely ship the item.
If you need more than a single order of our largest sizes, we suggest common carrier shipping.
Need drum size or larger? Contact us for pricing.
Best strength among contact adhesives.
Limited temperature and chemical resistance.