Glueless? We can help.
http://www.adhesive.com/C3-contact-adhesive or 1-888-GLUE-SMART (1-888-458-3762)
C3 Nitrile Contact Adhesive
Bonds plastics, fabrics, vinyl & foams
Low VOC, plastic bonder
SmartAdhesives C3 Contact Adhesive is a low VOC, all-weather, nitrile contact adhesive for spray, brush, and roller application. Perfect for bonding large surfaces or flexible laminating, C3 resists weathering, fuels, plasticizers and oil. C3 is also heat resistant, and good for high temperature applications such as attaching grinding stones and discs. C3 bonds plastics, flexible vinyl, fabrics, leather and foam, but is not recommended for use on polypropylene or polyethylene.
- Metal: Aluminum, Nickel, Stainless Steel
- Metal: Steel, Copper, Galvanized Steel, Chromated Steel
- Paper & Cardboard
- Plastic: Composites, Fiberglass, Epoxy, Phenol, Polyester
- Rubber: EPDM Rubber
- Rubber: Latex or Synthetic Rubber
- Wood, Cork & Hardboard
(1) Prepare Surfaces: Clean surfaces to remove all dust, dirt and grease. For highest bond strength, clean surfaces with solvent such as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) or isopropyl alcohol.
(2) Stir: Stir adhesive thoroughly before using.
(3) Apply: Best applied when temperature of adhesive and surfaces to be bonded are at least 65F. Apply even coat to both surfaces to be joined (dry film thickness of 1-1.5 mil). Porous surfaces may require additional coats.
(4) Join surfaces together: For porous surfaces (e.g. foam, fabric), join surfaces together while adhesive is wet and very tacky. For non-porous surfaces, allow adhesive to dry until tacky to touch (no residue on finger), then join surfaces together. Apply firm pressure. Allow at least 24 hours to dry.
(5) Heat Curing: Applying heat to cure adhesive will improve strength and resistance properties of the bond. Heat assembled parts for approx. 2 min. @ 400F or up to 40 min. @ 240F.
(6) Solvent Reactivation: Can reactivate adhesive after it becomes fully dry (non-tacky) by wiping one surface with thin coat of solvent such as MEK or acetone. Immediately join surfaces together.
(7) Cleanup: Use solvent such as MEK or acetone to clean brushes and remove excess adhesive, preferably when adhesive is still wet.
VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOCs) = 4 grams/liter. VOC minus water minus exempt solvents = 21 grams/liter. Consult appropriate local air quality regulations for any limitations of use.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep away from open flames and sources of sparks and static discharge. Vapors may settle in low-lying areas. Extinguish pilot lights and turn off all machinery and appliances that might cause electrical ignition until vapors at floor level have disappeared. Maintain vapor concentrations below recommended exposure limits and provide adequate ventilation or an exhaust ventilation system. Avoid inhalation and contact with eye and skin. Keep container closed when not in use. If work area conditions prevent compliance with above precautions, do not use this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
SUGGESTED FIRST AID: Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water. If irritation persists, seek medical advice. Skin Contact: Immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Seek medical advice. Inhalation: Move to fresh air. If symptoms persists, seek medical advice. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Drink two glasses of water. Seek medical advice.
Prices for this adhesive include a hazardous materials shipping surcharge of $25 per item.
- C3QT (metal quart paint can): 3 pounds
- C3GL1 (metal gallon paint can): 9.5 pounds
- C3GL5 (metal 5 gallon bucket): 43 pounds
Shipping weight is the total weight of the product, including the box and packaging required to safely ship the item.
If you need more than a single order of our largest sizes, we suggest common carrier shipping.
Need drum size or larger? Contact us for pricing.
Applying heat during the curing process improves strength and resistance properties. See Application Instructions - "(5) Heat Curing" Heat curing can double or triple the shear strength.