Glueless? We can help.
http://www.adhesive.com/E1-epoxy or 1-888-GLUE-SMART (1-888-458-3762)
E1 Rigid Epoxy
All-purpose, quick setting
Great for structural bonding
SmartAdhesives E1 Epoxy is our popular, multi-purpose epoxy for bonding metals, ceramics, wood, concrete, and composites. This epoxy makes a very strong, rigid bond for permanently fastening rigid surfaces. Can be used for assembling parts, bonding metals, and as a structural reinforcement. E1 is a two component epoxy (1:1 mix ratio) that comes in easy-to-use cartridges as well as in larger, two part kits.
Cartridges require an applicator. One single-use nozzle is included with each cartridge. Additional nozzles are available: 50ml nozzles, 250ml nozzles.
Read how to use two-component cartridges to learn more.
- Concrete, Masonry & Stone
- Glass & Ceramics
- Metal: Aluminum, Nickel, Stainless Steel
- Metal: Steel, Copper, Galvanized Steel, Chromated Steel
- Plastic: Acrylic, ABS, Polycarbonate, PVC, Styrene
- Wood, Cork & Hardboard
Industries & Uses
(1) Prepare surfaces: Clean surfaces to remove all dust, dirt, and grease. For highest bond strength, chemical cleaning is required (if possible, use acetone or isopropyl alcohol).
(2) Mix: Mix equal parts by volume of Part A (resin) and Part B (hardener) together. Mix thoroughly until uniform color throughout.
(3) Worklife: Worklife of mixed adhesive is approx. 5 minutes* @ 75˚F. Higher temperatures reduce worklife and accelerate curing. CAUTION: Mixing large quantities (more than a pint batch size) generates significant heat and shortens worklife.
(4) Apply: Use spatula, trowel, putty knife or specialized equipment and apply evenly to both surfaces to be joined for best adhesion and bond strength. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a 3-5 mil bond line. Join the surfaces together and secure until adhesive cures.
(5) Curing: Allow adhesive to cure @ 60˚F or higher and do not allow movement between the surfaces. Curing will be faster if apply heat up to 200˚F. Set time is approx. 10-20 min. and full cure is 24 hours @ 75˚F.
(6) Cleanup: Use ketone solvent (such as methyl ethyl ketone or acetone) to clean up uncured adhesive.
Place cartridge into applicator and secure. Remove end cap by turning counter-clockwise. Dispense and discard small amount of adhesive to verify free flow in even ratio. Attach mixing nozzle. Clean surfaces to be joined (if possible, use acetone or isopropyl alcohol). Dispense and apply adhesive to clean surfaces, then join surfaces and secure in place until adhesive sets (about 15 min. @ 75˚F). Replace end cap after use.
Hold cartridge in upright position and unscrew plastic nut. Remove plug insert and make sure openings are clear. Attach mixing nozzle and secure with plastic nut. Place cartridge into an applicator (works with standard caulking gun and rod-driven pneumatic caulking tools) and secure. Dispense and discard a small amount of adhesive to make sure both parts are mixing properly in nozzle. Clean surfaces to be joined (if possible, use acetone or isopropyl alcohol). Dispense and apply adhesive to clean surfaces, then join surfaces and secure in place until adhesive sets (about 15 min. @ 75˚F). Store with nozzle attached. Replace nozzle on next use.
* - based on 20g mixed sample
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. Provide adequate ventilation to control vapor. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
SUGGESTED FIRST AID: Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water. If irritation persists, seek medical advice. Skin Contact: Wash skin with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing. If symptoms occur, seek medical advice. Inhalation: Move to fresh air. If irritation persists, seek medical advice. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Drink two glasses of water. Seek medical advice.
Part A (Resin) contains substances that are eye and skin irritants. Prolonged exposure may cause allergic skin reaction on sensitive skin and respiratory tract irritation.
Part B (Hardener) contains substances that are skin and respiratory irritants. Prolonged exposure may cause an allergic skin reaction on sensitive skin.
- E1ML50 (50ml cartridge with nozzle): 0.5 pounds
- E1ML50CASE (CASE of 10 - 50ml cartridge with nozzle): 2.5 pounds
- E1ML250 (250ml cartridge with nozzle): 1.5 pounds
- E1ML250CASE (CASE of 10 - 250ml cartridge with nozzle): 12.7 pounds
- E1QT1 (2 metal quart paint cans): 6.8 pounds
- E1GL1 (2 metal gallon paint cans): 22.2 pounds
- E1GL5 (2 metal 5 gallon buckets): 108 pounds
Shipping weight is the total weight of the product, including the box and packaging required to safely ship the item.
If you need more than a single order of our largest sizes, we suggest common carrier shipping.
Need drum size or larger? Contact us for pricing.