- Overview of Adhesive Types
Glueless? We can help.
http://www.adhesive.com/supporting_content-detail_types__supporting_content.html or 1-888-GLUE-SMART (1-888-458-3762)
Overview of Adhesive Types
Adhesives come in many forms and chemistries, formulated to solve different problems with different features. We'll give you a snapshot here, with links for more details. All our adhesives are listed below, grouped by type.
Epoxy adhesives are the most widely used structural adhesive, because of their excellent adhesion to most substrates, high strength, and light weight. Learn more about epoxies.
- E1 Rigid Epoxy All-purpose, quick setting
- E2 Rigid Epoxy - Non Drip Multi-purpose, high-viscosity
- E3 Semi-Rigid Epoxy Shock absorbent, high peel strength
- E4 Semi-Rigid Epoxy - Impact Resistant High performance applications
- E5 Flexible Epoxy - Extended Worklife Shock and vibration resistance
- E6 Flexible Epoxy - Quick Setting Our most flexible epoxy
Urethane adhesives are environmentally tough and flexible without sacrificing much bond strength, especially in two-component versions. Learn more about urethane adhesives.
- U1 Urethane Adhesive - Quick Setting Highly flexible, abrasion resistant
- U2 Urethane Adhesive - Extended Worklife Highly flexible, longer assembly time
Methacrylate adhesives are toughened structural adhesives designed to bond plastics, metals, composites, and dissimilar substrates. Learn more about methacrylate adhesives.
- M1 Plastic Optimized Methacrylate Adhesive High performance, impact resistant
- M2 Metal Optimized Methacrylate Adhesive For metals, plastics & composites, longer assembly time
Instant adhesives (cyanoacrylates) are incredibly strong and quick-setting, more than run-of-the-mill "super glues." Learn more about instant adhesives.
- i1 Instant Adhesive All-purpose, fast setting
- i2 Instant Adhesive - Thick Liquid Thick liquid version of i1
- i3 Instant Adhesive - Gel For small gaps and vertical surfaces
- i4 Instant Adhesive - Impact Resistant Compounded with elastomers
- i5 Instant Adhesive - Metal Bonding Handles high heat
Contact adhesives are fast-acting and ideal for attaching large surfaces together, with the ability to provide water and heat resistant bonds. Learn more about contact adhesives.
- C1 Neoprene Contact Adhesive Extra strength holding power
- C2 Neoprene Contact Adhesive - Medium Viscosity Higher viscosity version of C1
- C3 Nitrile Contact Adhesive Low VOC, all weather
- C4 Nitrile Contact Adhesive - Medium Viscosity Higher viscosity version of C3
IQ Glue combines the best qualities of a sealant in a stronger-than-usual environmentally friendly adhesive. Learn more about IQ Glue.
- IQ Glue - the smart adhesive Gel or paste, Strong bonds with elastic seals
Wood, paper & fiber Adhesives are high concentration Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) based adhesives formulated for versatility in labeling, packaging, insulating, and wood working. Learn more about wood, paper & fiber adhesives.
- G1 Industrial Grade White Glue Bonds paper, wood, natural fibers & woven nylons
- G2 Wrapping Adhesive Versatile - insulating to labeling
- G3 Packaging Adhesive Optimized for shipping & labeling applications
- G4 Carpentry Adhesive Extra-strength wood glue (20% more solids)
PermaTack adhesives deliver the critical qualities of pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs): permanent tackiness, instant holding power, and your choice of permanent or removable application. Learn more about PermaTack adhesives.
Threadlockers (anaerobic adhesives) seal the threads of screws into metal objects, especially securing nuts to bolts. Learn more about threadlockers.
- T1 Low-Torque Removable Threadlocker Locks, seals & protects
- T2 Medium-Torque Removable Threadlocker For small diameter fasteners
- T3 High-Torque Permanent Threadlocker General purpose, permanent
- T4 Heat Resistant Permanent Threadlocker High-torque, high heat